04 November, 2019

Soul Retrieval Synchronicity

Did you have a special blanket growing up?  I did. I still remember my warm, soft, pink buffalo check, yarn tied blanket of the late 1970’s.  My mom would put it in the dryer for a few minutes and then wrap me up. Such a warm safe place in my mind.  My mom, my home, my blanky. Ahhh...
When I was six, little brother Brandon was diagnosed with Leukemia.  His blood count showed 96% leukemic cells.
Right away he began receiving radiation and chemo treatments at Primary Children’s Hospital hours away from our
Idaho home.   His chances of survival given by the doctors were about 50% . The treatments went on for years.
My Dad often worked overnights on the Railroad.  My mom took Brandon to his treatments.
I spent overnights with friends or caregivers.  I was okay, as long as I had my blanky.  
One of those caregivers, however, felt that I was too old to need a blanket.  She took the blanket away from
me and I never saw it again.
Tears fill my eyes today as I remember that little girl, that blanket, feeling scared, and losing trust.
This weekend part of my soul was retrieved.  I gathered with a remarkable group of women to drum,
share good energy, and learn. 
There were massage tables set up for treatments. When it was my turn, I spotted a table with
the exact pink buffalo check of my childhood. I was drawn to that table, I briefly explained that I once
had a blanket just like this…  The kind woman to whom the blanket belonged,
put her hand on my shoulder and said, she brought that blanket just for me.   
So this snowy Monday morning-  I am snuggled up feeling warm, safe, and trusting.    
Thank you Brenda.
Thank you universe.

No comments:

Full Catastrophe Living

  “ 'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.” -  Alfred Tennyson   To be Alive To be truly alive Is to...