25 May, 2010

Super Man, bike rides and Go Far Races!

We had a severe weather alert and tornado warning last night, major rain came down, it was almost scary to watch.  After the storm Eric got on the roof to clean the gutters and left the ladder up.

Superman visited our house, and because he had his cape on, he felt comfortable climbing the ladder to fly down.  Luckily Mama spotted him from the kitchen window.  He simply explained that "It's okay, cause me superman, me go up and me come back down".

Well, he was right about going up and coming back down.


Our first family bike ride with Ruby! She did great! And Elias was a good sport about riding with her (rather than taking his own bike). Elias has become quite the cyclist. And loves riding his bike.


Elias LOVES his pillow case.  This afternoon during story time, he took the case off his pillow, crawled in and fell asleep.
We have really enjoyed reading a LOT lately!  Elias loves being read to.  He brings me books and, if I can't read right away,  he reads to him self.  Our goal for the summer June-August is 1000 books.








We had a fun time in Fargo Saturday.  We rode the Ferris Wheel.  I love the fear on Elias's face in this pic.

I ran the 1/2 Marathon.  It was a fun race.  I thought the Kansas City Marathon was huge...The GoFar, Fargo was Enormous.  Over 20,000 participants plus thousands and thousands of spectators.  It is definitely a race to be ran!  I beat my previous time and came in at 2 hours 5 minutes only 6 minutes from my PR.  I was happy..and tired.  Can you see sleep settling in my eyes?  I woke up at 4:45 to drive to Fargo, and retired to bed that night at 6:37pm...no joke.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

WoW! So many wonderful things going on in the Lamb Castle house! Great pictures-- I especially love the one where Elias fell asleep in his pillowcase :) 1,000 books is an awesome goal. Elias should have his own goodreads account, so we can keep up with what he is reading!

Katie said...

You are an amazing mom. I can't believe all that you do. I can't believe you went to Fargo, I've watch the movie, LOL. Someday I hope to run an 1/2 marathon. You inspire me.

MelissaS said...

Way to go in the race Heidi!

Jiles Pfamily said...

wahoo! good job heidi. you are so fast!

Full Catastrophe Living

  “ 'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.” -  Alfred Tennyson   To be Alive To be truly alive Is to...