02 June, 2010

S. Kawishiwi River


The little man and I went on a four day canoe trip to the Boundary Waters Canoe Area Wilderness (BWCAW). We started off with a 1/2 mile portage then a 5 mile paddle to our campsite. He loved every minute of it. We went with some friends, fished, swam, and had a blast. The little man has a few new words, "lake" is now "water mountain" and "fishermen" are called "people sharks". If you listened really hard as we approached in our canoes, poles in hand, you could hear the fish screaming "ahhh hear come the people sharks"



"Time Out Island"

5 comments:

Molly said...

Little people sharks sure enjoy Time out Island. ha ha ha
great post!

Melissa said...

Great photos! Where exactly are you in MN again? I have family in the twin cities, Mankato (sp?), and along the northern border.

Melissa said...

Where in MN are you? I forgot! I have family in Warroad, twin cities, and Mankato (however you spell that). We also have friends at church who plan to move to Mankato this summer.

Roger said...

Great pictures! It looks like an awesome trip - I'm jealous I wasn't there...Next year!

The P Family said...

I'VE BEEN THERE!!!! The BEST place to canoe! SOOOOOO beautiful!!!

Full Catastrophe Living

  “ 'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.” -  Alfred Tennyson   To be Alive To be truly alive Is to...