10 May, 2010

Mother's Day~

 
The happiest little princess 16 weeks on Mother's Day~  

I had a great Mother's day.  Elias sang "Mother I love you" at church...and all the way home too.  I loved it. He also gave me flowers that needed to be planted.  So while Eric made dinner Elias and I planted the flowers.  Delightful Ruby sat on our swing and watched.  I went inside for a minute and when I came back out Ruby had an earth worm laying on her.  I looked at the worm, and then looked at Elias. This is our conversation.
Me: "Elias, there is a worm on Ruby".
Elias:  "yep".
Me: "How did your baby sister get a worm on her?"
Elias:  "It jumped on her".



So, if  any of you were wondering if worms can jump...now you know. 
Also, Elias's new favorite food is worm soup.  Here is a pic of him making it in our backyard.


Eric and Elias made these wonderful new composting bins. 





It is baby chick time again!  Our first hen Majora Carter hatched today!  She is beautiful. 

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Heidi...... She is so cute!! I just want to kiss those cheeks!!! Man, I got to hand it to you. I thought I was green but you are REALLY GREEN, you go girl!

You and your family are welcome anytime to come stay with us, we would love to have you!!

Love,
Katie

Tamie said...

baby chicks AND worms --- my boys would be in heaven. it rained and rained here for a few days last week and the worms came out to play--- our jack couldn't get enough of the worms and kept calling them all "wormie" i LOVE the fact that little kids (boys esp) really get into the nature of things --- even though it can be a little gross, i wouldn't have it any other way!

lynnett said...

So delightful Heidi!!

MelissaS said...

Those jumping worms will get you every time! Ha. What a cute story!
I love Ruby's smile! (and her little dress)!

Happy Mother's Day!

Katie said...

Sounds like it was a great day. My boys gave me a shirt that has Wonder Woman on it. I thought it was funny.

Unknown said...

What a sweet Mother's day! You are an amazing woman and mother-- happy day!!!

Full Catastrophe Living

  “ 'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.” -  Alfred Tennyson   To be Alive To be truly alive Is to...