24 March, 2022

Influenza

Spring break was grand

Sunshine and land

Working and building

with my hands



I love to roam

But upon arrival back home

Influenza greeted me

Down to the bone



Miserable nights

Lymph ascites

I felt like receiving

my last rites



Feeling slightly better

Still under the weather

Today at home,

Trying to pull it together



Did I start shopping for my own casket? Absolutely.

Did I call local cemeteries to see who offers green burial? Obviously I did.


Rest Haven Cemetery in East Grand Forks, Minnesota while not strictly a “Green burial cemetery” they do offer green burial as an option. Check out my 5 star review on Google Maps.


Am I a drama queen? Don’t answer, this is obviously a rhetorical question.


No comments:

Full Catastrophe Living

  “ 'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.” -  Alfred Tennyson   To be Alive To be truly alive Is to...