05 July, 2008

Boundary Waters and Walnut Grove, MN

Juan and Eric went on a canoe trip to the Boundary waters of Minnesota. They had a great time. We drove Juan back to Kansas this week. It was sad, but it was a good, good bye. We know the family he is living with and they are great. We have been blessed to have Juan in our home for this last year.


To see more pictures from this trip click here

Also, I have been reading the Little House on the Prairie Series by Laura Ingalls Wilder. I am a bit obsessed. I have loved this series for years, but reading it again with Juan has really been fun. We visited two of her homesteads on our way to Kansas this week. DeSmet, SD and Walnut Grove, MN. I LOVED taking it all in. Elias loved the animals. He rode a horse and thought he was pretty cool.



So, my next chicken is going to be named Laura. : )

Click here for more pictures of the Ingalls Homestead

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

His new obcession might be horses now instead of trains. He is looking so grown up. And adorable.

Jill said...

So fun, After hearing about Eric's fishing trip Kyle wants to go to MN now. I love Little House and Kyle always makes fun of me. So fun!!

Angela said...

Words cannot describe how jealous I am that you went to Walnut Grove. I've read the books and own all 9 seasons of the tv show. My girls pretty much only watch Little House. Sydney was sure that when we moved from Kansas that they were going to be moving into a house just like Laura. She was pretty disappointed. Walnut Grove is on my list of places to go see. And I think Laura would make a great name for a chicken, especially if she can "dance". =)

Brenda said...

Glad to hear you are already talking about getting another chicken. Do you know what kind you are going to get? And btw I love, love, love Little House but I have not read the books I should read them with Marle, she is 10 and would probably love them.

Tamie said...

loved those books as a girl...haven't read them in years though. maybe time for a revisit, eh?
i've been the LIW house in independence, KS....that was a thrill for me...but i'm sure it was great to see the other places on your roadtrip.

Southwick Family said...

We are reading the books right now... absolutely love them. I'm so excited to see you in France!

The P Family said...

I'm going to the Boundary waters in a few weeks! I've been there once. So fun!!!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for writing this.

Full Catastrophe Living

  “ 'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.” -  Alfred Tennyson   To be Alive To be truly alive Is to...