18 July, 2018

University Park Bear- Dead


University Park, a block from our house, a black bear was nestled up in a tree today.
Officials killed the bear.
Unnecessarily, in my opinion.
I am now a protest poet.
"I killed a bear today
Oh What a man am I!
We the experts knew just what to do
When the bear did not comply."

"This is our space.  We demand you leave!"

The cub stuck up in the tree.
Looked down to the people with fear in his eyes
And said “You are frightening me”.

Black bears are known to be timid
Why not leave it alone?
“NO! We will use all resources to kill the beast,
We won’t be overthrown!”

Five Lethal tranquilizer darts
when one would have been enough
Then lower the bear breaking its leg.
Ending his life in cuffs.

Mother nature cries
Unnecessary actions that hurt.
Please in the future,
Just let the bears be
Nature will not convert

I added my poem to the memorial.


No comments:

Full Catastrophe Living

  “ 'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.” -  Alfred Tennyson   To be Alive To be truly alive Is to...