11 May, 2008

Mother's Day and more...

Juan wrote me a poem for Mothers Day...

Roses are Red
Violets are Blue
You are more better than the Roses

I love it! I smile every time I think about it.


Juan knew I wanted an egg box- for our endless eggs... I had been shopping for one and he suprised me by building this one.
He painted it the same color as his "Pine Wood Derby" Car. I helped him sand it and stain it for the distressed look I wanted. He is a Sweet heart. I will cherish it forever.




Eric and his good friend Earl (aka Earl the Girl) rode a Metric century Saturday for CASA- Court Appointed Special Advocate. A Great program that helps many of the kids we have in foster care. It was a fun and easy. I just sat back at the park and ate sun chips and the next thing I knew Eric was back...








Is this the most dicusting thing you have ever seen? Poor Elias had to sit there for 10 minutes (or what seemed like 10 minutes) while Eric fastened his bike to the roof. Just thought you all needed to endure that for a moment.



Elias insists that Juan drive...




17 comments:

The Bentley's said...

wow, what a fun day!!! wish i didn't see the package picture... just puked on the keyborad:))) hehehe:) i'm glad your together agaoin!
linds

Lindsay said...

What a great egg box and poem from Juan. What a sweet boy!

MelissaS said...

You are the same ol' Heidi. Love it.

Anonymous said...

Tell Juan I want an egg box... I'll need it in August or September cause that is when the chicks will start laying. And Eric, I've never met him... but I don't even know what to say... Lycra isn't awesome. LOL.

Jill said...

That is so cute, (juan and the missionaries, not eric's pkg.) I didn't know juan was taking discussions. I wish Juan could stay in your family forever, but I know you guys just want what's best for him. Looks like you had a fun Mother's Day weekend, I'm jealous, we were all sick around here:(! Love your egg box and I can't wait to have Kyle see the picture of Eric. love you guys.

Castle Family said...

I love Elias' face! He's as disgusted with the whole thing as much as we were!! ;) That is sooo funny!

Panda said...

ha! you are so funny heidi! (ps. loved the mother's day poem and sweet egg box.)

Wendy said...

I love the picture on your deck, it looks like you live in a jungle. But the pic of Eric I cold do without- and I am his mother!!! \
I love Juan's egg box, tell him "way to go!"

Jennica said...

THAT was the grossest thing that I have ever seen! I am currently huddled in the corner, sucking my thumb, rocking, trying to "find a happy place".

Ryan said...

What's Elias pointing at?

Eric said...

Ryan, that is referred to as a "satchel" or the slang version "satch"

Anonymous said...

I love the poem!
I laughed at all of the pictures (except one) HEIDI !!!?

the doze said...

C'mon, Eric! Put that junk away.

Maudie Jane said...

Heidi, you are so funny, but really, why? Why?

emily said...

i don't know what's more hilarious- that he is pointing like that with that look on his face... or that you actually posted that photo! still laughing.

kel bel said...

hmmm...maybe I won't get Brian bike shorts for father's day after all. Thanks for the advice, Heidi. ha!

The Bullocks said...

That package picture just made me laugh for like 5 minutes. thanks for that. poor eilas!!! lets hope he's not scarred.

Full Catastrophe Living

  “ 'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.” -  Alfred Tennyson   To be Alive To be truly alive Is to...