21 December, 2021

Winter Solstice Beginning of Days- Galway, Ireland










 


Dark and wet this Solstice eve,
Reconnecting with ancient tree
In bogs and birds and basket weaves
It is grand ideas that I conceive.

🍀

An ember sparks inside my heart
Feminine creation This is my art

🍀

Ancestors born of this land
Their DNA is in my hands
Wool, willow, ancient oak
Alive in me, my Celtic folk


🍀



A Spideog from the old world visits
A message she has, tell me what is it?
“The solstice sun entering in-
Will bring brightness rebirth, and new found passion


🍀


It is in darkness that one is born,
surrender, let go, then open the door

Feet in the soil, rooted in land

Let the Love runneth over
I work with your hands”


🍀

My heart pours out, this season of love-
Beginning of days
Winter I am born of-










No comments:

Full Catastrophe Living

  “ 'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.” -  Alfred Tennyson   To be Alive To be truly alive Is to...