24 February, 2021

Wood Fired Cauldron

It’s the time of year, not 40 below

But still, outside, there’s a lot of snow


To build a fire, the cauldron I stoke

the water's ice cold, and I want a Hot soak

 

Feeding the fire, from mornin' till late

Snow falling down, at last, its 108°F

 

Fresh moonlit snow, weighing down on the trees

submerged to our necks, so we won't freeze

 

The Cats watching intently, their humans amusing

Then one scurries off, an idea pursuing~

 

Temperatures rising, I'm feeling hot, Yo!

So, I get out of the tub, and into the snow


 

I roll to my left, roll to my right

And there in my face;  A loathsome sight

The proud kitty's gift from sometime last week

Retrieved from its grave

A headless squirrel nuzzles my cheek





No comments:

Full Catastrophe Living

  “ 'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.” -  Alfred Tennyson   To be Alive To be truly alive Is to...