30 September, 2019

The Mac Impact



Saturday May 3, 2014 I woke up at dawn and ran 5 miles, when I came home to wake up my little girl and found that she had died during the night. I have not run in a race or trained since that time.
Running is therapeutic, releases endorphins, dopamine, and just feels good- and although I have needed these things in my life, I couldn’t bring myself to go.
Heidi with Jill Beireis,  We love, we grieve, we live.  We are not our grief.

Just lacing my shoes up for the first time to train brought tears, therapeutic, healing sobs and tears.  #IAmNotMyGrief
This weekend I ran the Grand Forks Wild Hog in honor of McCormick Beireis a 2 year old boy who has made a profound impact on many lives. Including mine.
Thank you Micky Mac. You helped me remember my passion for running. Please hug my Lizzy for me. 💙

No comments:

Full Catastrophe Living

  “ 'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.” -  Alfred Tennyson   To be Alive To be truly alive Is to...