12 August, 2008

Garden Bounty-


I love vegetables. I love watching them grow. I love gardens. I love eating from them.



Meet our new fish...or "dish" as Elias calls him.
He has white translucent skin that sparkles in the sun, dark black eyes. He lives in our kitchen window and hides under the cover of the foliage in his bowl. I cut my finger while slicing veggies yesterday and a drop of blood got in his bowl- he went crazy swimming for it. So Naturally, his name is Edward. Did I mention that he is the most hansom fish I have ever seen?



Elias loves to catch the chickens and give them hugs. He puts them in the coop for me. He is a boy after his mothers heart. I love him so much.

13 comments:

Tamie said...

seriously: extremely impressed that he will even go near chickens. they can be so mean and domineering...go elias! (love your fish's name!)

Kelly D said...

Ha ha! Hooray for the Twilight reference. ;)

Jill said...

I love the Twighlight reference! I didn't know you were into those books, how fun! Love the picture of Elias with his chicken!

Brenda said...

Chickens are Awesome!!! I'm glad Elias will catch them like Gabe does.

Melissa said...

I love that you named the fish Edward. Have you read Breaking Dawn yet? I have a countdown for the movie on my blog now. I hope it leaves up to my dreams for it!

Elias is growing so fast! I'm glad you are able to enjoy every minute with him.

Jennica said...

YOU didn't! I can't believe that you named your fish Edward! That is SO funny. And that he sparkles. And that he is the most handsome fish ever. Funny! That is so cute that Elias loves helping with the chickens. Cute.

Anonymous said...

Nice veggies. Nice fish. Totally gorgeous little boy with chicken.

I have a picture of Heidi holding a chicken much like the photo of Eli holding his chicken.
We really enjoy the pics you post.
Teri

Anonymous said...

Edward?

Kim said...

Oh Edward the fish!!! :) That is awesome. Also Elias really is sooo brave! Whatta boy! :)

lynnett said...

Go Heidi! Go! You wasted no time in Minn. getting your garden going! Elias is precious!! aren't little children great!!!?

The Bentley's said...

i am sooo impressed. i want a garden!!! elias hair is tooo cute!

lynnett said...

Heidi...where are you?...it is education week!!!!!!

Blue Ribbon Family said...

I love my garden too! It is such a great feeling when you get to watch it grow, and supply yourself with great tasting food!
I love the pic of Elias with the rooster... he is just so proud of himself holding that thing! ROFL

Full Catastrophe Living

  “ 'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.” -  Alfred Tennyson   To be Alive To be truly alive Is to...