04 February, 2008

Grocery Store Drama....

Elias refused to eat breakfast this morning... Sometimes all a parent can do is offer the food.
So off we go to the grocery store...happy as a clam.

Until we get to the cereal isle that is... He calmly got out of his stroller, selected some cheerios (we already had at home FYI) and attempted to open the box. I told him no and the tears, crying, and screaming began.

I shop at a little Ma and Pop type store- the employees know me and Elias well. The manager, Yung, felt so bad that she went and bought him cereal and milk.
So today Elias learned...When I scream and cry and make a scene in public- I get exactly what I want. Lovely. (Very kind effort on Yung's part tho)






We made cookies last night. The boys insisted on wearing aprons like me.

9 comments:

Sharla said...

The grocery store drama...I've been there before! It's nice when people want to help out, but I agree with you, it's frustrating too. It helps to know that most people have been in the same situation at one time or another. Won't it be nice someday when we get to observe other people's kids throwing fits? ;)

Castle Family said...

Awww, that's too bad about the spoiled lesson ;) Cute pic's though! haha! We're going through the not eating thing with Meegan right now too.

MelissaS said...

Maybe you should learn to cook so Elias will eat at home. Hahahaha. Got you back.
Bummer about the tantrum reward. I am sure there will be many other opportunities to teach him, though. Sigh, the toddler years!

The Bullocks said...

Gotta love kids and their tantrums. good luck next time, that's just the story of our life over here. Katie

Jill said...

funny story. Can't wait for you guys to get here.

Jennica said...

Love the pictures.... How can you refuse a face like that Heidi? You are SO mean! :) I would do the same thing that Yung did. (THAT is why I am the favorite aunt, right?!)

Those are such fun pictures of Juan, too. You guys are so great opening up your home. I can't imagine how hard it must be (esp. when Kids like Juan leave...). You guys are awesome! Love you

The Bentley's said...

heidi that is such a funny sotry... i hate when that happens but that was nice of the manager... to teach him now to scream and cry a little harder:) very funny

Kim said...

I love the pictures you took while the drama was unfolding!!!! You need to make sure and call us when you get into Utah so we can all see each other.

Wendy said...

Love the photo !!!! Love the babe

Full Catastrophe Living

  “ 'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.” -  Alfred Tennyson   To be Alive To be truly alive Is to...