04 November, 2007

Meet Oprah

Meet our new Hen Oprah- Isn't she beautiful! Her feathers have a blue iridescent color but on her breast the feathers have orange undertones.



This is Rosa Parks- The dark red hen in front. We call her Rosie. She is the one who killed Ann Frank earlier this year.



Susan B. Anthony- Suzie is my favorite hen. She follows me around the yard when ever I let her out. She loves to be held. And she is a regular layer. : )


Amelia Earhart (below)was so appropriately named. She is a flyer and an explorer. We often find her in the neighbors yard. And once found her 2 blocks away scratching and pecking.

Hilary- (below) I love the splash of color she adds to the flock.


Sacajawea is molting right now- I will post pics of her and Elanor later.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think Oprah should have you on her show for that

Anonymous said...

Mom

Anonymous said...

Great names, Heidi.

Jennica said...

Oprah totally looks like an Oprah. Nice name choice..... (I did vote for that one!)

Great to meet all of the chicks! ("That's what he said.")
:)

Tamie said...

i am totally impressed that you keep chickens. in one area on my mission we helped some new members butcher chickens and it was insane (we chopped heads)....chickens are mean animals...i don't think that i could name chicken if i had them, considering the mortality rate amongst them....such a pecking order. :)

Angela said...

Heidi, your blog posts make my day. You are the only person I know that has such a personal relationship with their chickens. =)

MelissaS said...

Heidi– It has been years! Alaska then Utah...Enjoying your blog; what a cute family! I am totally loving that you have a chicken named Sacajawea...that is definitely the Heidi that I knew.
Melissa (Brown) Styler

The Bentley's said...

your names are soo fun i love it:)

Jordan said...

I love the names of your chickens. They make me laugh. So funny.

Full Catastrophe Living

  “ 'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.” -  Alfred Tennyson   To be Alive To be truly alive Is to...